Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bob the Plumber

First the toilet leaked from underneath. I fixed that with a new wax ring, then it leaked from two places on the tank - tank to bowl bolt and the ballcock valve.

Apparently all the rubber seals dried out when I emptied it of all the water and left it lying on its side for a day. It's amazing all the little parts and seals you can buy individually to repair all this stuff for like a $1 each or entire kits for just $10. I opted for the entire ballcock kit and tank bolt kit. Turned out to be a really good move as the ballcock kit included pieces I was apparently missing.

The install was easy though I had to go through the pain of draining the tank again, which gets water everywhere.

The new stuff screwed right in, sealed itself and I was done.

It's like a new toilet.

Now onto the fridge water line.

- b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< JenBob Projects Home
<< JenBob Home