Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fios Battery

Did you know the battery in a Fios system would need replacing?

I should have known. It's not like batteries last forever.

Turns out the backup battery is only used to keep the phone working in the event of a power outage. The phone I don't care about. If the stupid thing didn't beep every so often to let me know the battery was dead, I would have just left it.

A little research on the interweb and I found I could get a replacement from Verizon for $100 or one from Radio Shack (that probably won't work) for $35.

I opted for the $35.

It fit. The beeping stopped and all the lights are green again.

We'll see how long it lasts.

- b

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< JenBob Projects Home
<< JenBob Home